Re: shop lighting

To: "brad.kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: shop lighting
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:43:03 -0800
On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 07:51:22AM -0700, brad.kahler wrote:

> I'm sure this subject has been covered many times, however I don't
> think there is an archives for this list soooooo here goes...!
>
> We are moving into our new/old shop and need to do something about
> lighting.  The shop is 25' x 65' and will be painted a light grey
> inside.  Currently there are 2 rows of four double 8' flourescent

Sounds really nice.

The best discussion I have seen about shop lighting is in
the book "Setting up Your Motorcycle Workshop" by C.G. Masi.
Whitehorse press.   Masi is a part-time bike mechanic and full-time
lab guy for some high-tech company.  He's got a very extensive
chapter on lighting your shop... light colors, directions, amount, etc
ad naseum.

I'm writing this from memory; I wrote a better review for
Motorcycle Online about 5 years ago, they apparently still
have everything I wrote for them archived somewhere.

Eric