Re: Car Trailer Stuff (winches)

To: Steve Hammatt <GSteve@hammatt.com>
Subject: Re: Car Trailer Stuff (winches)
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 08:33:04 -0800 (PST)
I have a Warn 2500 to load my trailer with various IT
type cars. The cars are all under 2500# and they do
not work the winch much at all. I think that 2500#
rating was for a dead lift, a rolling car is a much
easier job.
I love it. The remote switch is far more useful than I
imagined. I can walk over and steer the car while
still working the control, less precision in lining
the car up this way.
I hid the battery in a box and charge it with a line
from the motorhome when running down the road. Except
for blowing the fuse [got a breaker in there now] and
flattening the battery last summer, everything's been
fool proof for four years.

=====
Dennis Hale