upper cylinder cleaner (or something)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: upper cylinder cleaner (or something)
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 09:22:17 -0600
I've got a '94 s-10 blazer Vortec v-6.  In the past I've had problems with
the EGR valve sticking... having to replace it at 135.00 plus labor.

is there a product that you can add somewhere that would help clean the
carbon out of the EGR valve and save me some money...  I'd do a regular
maintenance like adding fuel system cleaner if I could find something that
would do it..  They used to have a upper cylinder cleaner and I've poured
my share of water down a carb throat to clean the carbon...  but it's hard
to do with a MAF and horizontal runners and such...

any guesses ???

john