Driving from Minnesota to Vermont

To: <lotus-cars@yahoogroups.com>, <lotuseuropa@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Driving from Minnesota to Vermont
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:06:02 -0600
It's road-trip time again.  This time it is not me but my daughter Beth.  My
wife Sue is a bit worried about her driving it.  She will be in the Tracer.
This part-time autocross car is headed for a new life in Vermont.

The route will largely be on I-94 and I-90, through Wisconsin, Illinois,
Indiana, Ohio, northwest Pennsylvania, New York and southern Vermont.  We
don't know yet whether to be worried about lake-(Erie)-effect snow and take
the southern route through New York:  one trusted netter says no, don't
worry about I-90.  I'd appreciate it if the folks along this route whom I
have known over the years could send me, off-list, their locations and phone
numbers in case she has some kind of problem.  She has a cell-phone and a
AAA-plus card, so she could get the lump towed 100 miles to anywhere she
wants.  The problem being, of course, that she would have no idea where to
have it towed.  The difference between a clip joint and a great shop is
something only locals would know.

Thanks for your patience with an off-list topic, and be sure to reply to me
privately at pethier@isd.net so as not to impinge on the patience of members
nowhere near this part of the country.

Don't forget that, as always, I want to hear from you all when you are going
to be around the Twin Cities!

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org