Re: Stud Welders

To: Bob Chansler <rchansle@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: Stud Welders
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:16:16 -0500
Harbor Freight has had them as well, probably under the Chicago Electric name or
whatever.  And, for what it's worth, I saw one for sale at Hershey for $110.  I
almost bought it, but spent the money instead on a British-made set of caster
and
camber gauges.

I figure a stud welder is the only (best) way to straighten dented motorcycle
tanks.  Maybe someday.

Jim

Bob Chansler wrote:

> My latest catalog from Eastwood is advertising stud welders at a discount.
> I guess these things work by welding 2 mm pins to the metal that you can
> pull on with a puller. Does anyone have any feedback on these things? Are
> they available cheaper somewhere? I have some places on my 49 chevy
> suburban that look like  good candidates for use. For one, I have a rear
> clamshell door that has a large dent on the top that will be hard to get
> out any other way. Do these things work?
> TIA,
>
> Bob Chansler

///