RE: OT: Pergo flooring or alternatives?

To: rex@txol.net, jmark.vanscoter@amd.com
Subject: RE: OT: Pergo flooring or alternatives?
From: Carol <classycar@bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 22:17:18 -0500
Re ceramic tile and Hometime and Saltillo tile...

At 06:23 PM 7/9/01 -0500, jmark.vanscoter@amd.com wrote after Rex started
this business:

>Rather than black and white, I am planning a charcoal and gray treatment for
>my soon to be started new shop. [ceramic tile]

Hmmmm..... don't you guys ever drop tools? On a ceramic tile floor??! Ouch...

And Mark got to the Hometime how-to's before I did, BUT....

look for them on eBay! I'm selling Hometime videos there and doing a
bustling business! Sometimes business bustles more than others, however.  I
never did have any videos on tile or on flooring, but I have seen both
there. There is a "Pergo" how-to video that I have seen up for bid. And
there's another on installing wood flooring...

[pause]

I just checked for you and

INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO TO INSTALL WOOD FLOORING  (HOMETIME SERIES)
Item # 1253274430

is in the section/subsections titled
Home & Garden:Building Supplies:General

It's going at 9.95 which is sorta' high for that particular video.

And then there's

Video: INSTALLING PERGO FLOORS
Item # 1252714179

in the section/subsections titled
Home & Garden:Building Supplies:General

Nobody has bid on it yet. It's opening bid is set for $2. And the auction
closes tomorrow Jul-11-01 16:14:38 PDT. This is a Pergo (TM) video. I've
seen it up for bid before.

The next auction I refer to is closed, but you might want to look at what
the seller wrote about Pergo in general. His listing information is pretty
comprehensive... You could probably even email him if you have questions...

PERGO Laminate Glue, Video, Spacers, Kit
                                        Item # 1249638780

                                  Home & Garden:Building Supplies:General

Seller:   whiteoak17

I also looked for books that Mark listed for you, but didn't see any. I
didn't look for very long, though. All of the Hometime videos come through
eBay from time to time. Sometimes they go for a song. Other times the same
tapes will cost through the nose! Go figure!!

Something that I'm DEFINITELY considering for my very own premises here is
a product from Beaver Home... http://www.beaverhome.com

Great site. Lotsa' explanation. Looks like a good product. I've been
lusting after their flooring for several years. Don't even know how I found
the site, but I sure like what I've seen. I'm hooked! I want to do most of
my  house in saltillo (Mexico is just down the way a bit on IH35, ya' know)
except for master bedroom where I will use BeaverHome engineered flooring.
I wanted to use the regular stuff, but I have a concrete slab, like
everybody else in Texas!, and the regular Beaver Home flooring is for the
unwashed, non-Texans!!

I don't know if this diatribe helps or hurts, but now you're up to your
knees in information! Have fun! Practice by installing my floor if you
want... I make good sandwiches. You're on your own for transportation and
lodging!! :)

Good luck!

Carol
San Antonio

>Here are some reference from the site of the TV show Hometime:
>http://www.hometime.com/store2/tilebooks.htm (books)
>
>http://www.hometime.com/store2/v_bath.htm (video in middle of page)
>http://www2.hometime.com/Admin/shopsite/v_4104.htm
>
>http://www.hometime.com/projects/howto/tile/pc2ct03.htm (a little how-to