Plastic film removal

To: "Shop Talk NG" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Plastic film removal
From: "Steve Hammatt" <shammatt@sos.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 21:34:21 -0700
Well, I received many good suggestions to remove the very much
adhered plastic film from the aluminum sheeting.
(plus some other replies<grin>).........
I've tried paint thinner....nothing
I've tried MEK...next to nothing
I've tried Aircraft Paint Stripper....next to MEK, which is next to nothing.

I'm thinking maybe a brass-wire wheel on a die-grinder motor.
Hopefully minimize the scratching of the aluminum and since I'm
going to 'swirl' the aluminum with the scotch-brite pad, it will hopefully
cover over any scratching.

Unless someone else has some other suggestions.........
Steve

///