Re: Need Lots of Advice

To: "Shop Talk NG" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need Lots of Advice
From: "Steve Hammatt" <shammatt@sos.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 21:30:31 -0800
Retro
I've done the shelf bit a number of times and different ways.
If it was me and don't need something real special, I'd go to
Lowes/HomeDepot/HomeBase and check out what they have
in the HD shelving.

However, I must say that recently, while doing some Christmas
shopping at COSTCO I noticed that they had recently added a
very nice looking Very HD shelving at reasonable cost.  However,
this is still not warehouse shelving.

I once had to outfit my business warehouse (10k sq. ft.) and did it
all with second-hand shelving.  This was STOUT STUFF!!  Could
have parked a car on it!  Designed to hold ton's of cartons, etc.
Price wasn't too bad, considering it was used.

Good luck
Steve

snip

> > My first question pertains to affordable yet heavy duty shelving
options. Are there any ideas whether to build free-standing shelves from
scratch vs. trying to find them surplus?

> > Retro-Rick
snip

///
///