Re: Flooring?

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Flooring?
From: Carol <classycar@bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 10:58:09 -0600
Check out this site:

http://www.beaverhome.com/flooring/

The Beaver Home folks sell what looks to be very good quality hardwood
flooring. The  site is ~very~  informative and their prices are good.  I've
been getting periodic email from them for over a year, now, and from time
to time they even offer free shipping! At worst, shipping is only 60 cents
psf if you have your order shipped west of the Mississippi, and 40 cents
psf if it goes east. They are based in Niagara Falls, NY, and also have a
new showroom facility in Atlanta, GA.

The site has comparisons for various types of flooring and goes into a lot
of detail about the surface layer, their tongue-and-groove design, the
'micro-vee' formed from one board abutting another, and so forth.  There
are also charts that rate the hardness of various woods.

You can get a video tape for about $15 that shows you how to install the
flooring.

Anyway...  I found this site most informative, and after visiting several
flooring places and Home Depot here in San Antonio, I made up my mind that
when (errrrrrr..... um...... IF??) I decide to install floors in the
bedrooms, I'll deal with these folks rather than get the junky stuff that's
available locally unless I go to the real high-dollar places. Quality just
looks to be better.  You can get samples of their flooring, too.

Good luck with refitting your tool stash! :-)

Carol

At 11:55 AM 1/4/01 -0700, you wrote:

>My wife is making noises about this being the year we finally replace some
>aging carpet in a couple of rooms with ???  One option is installing some
>laminated hardwood flooring, like Pergo.  Does anyone have some experience
>with this?  Would taking on a task like this make my life a living hell?
>Or will it be pretty easy, and a good excuse to buy some more power tools?
>
>Thanks,
>mjb.

///
///