Re: florescent trouble lights

To: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Subject: Re: florescent trouble lights
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:38:49 -0500
Joe:

I had a conventional trouble light hanging in my garage,
like yours it sounds like, but on a retractable reel.
Incandescent bulb type.  And I would usually bump this just
enough to kill the bulb filament.  Frequently.

For a lot less than the usual cost of the stick-type units,
I bought a self-contained fluorescent bulb that replaces an
incandescent bulb.  Screwed it right in to the same
cage-type light.  No more "dropped" drop light filament
kills.  At about $15 each at Home Depot, I've had a full
return on my investment in the last two years in broken-bulb
avoidance.

There are various physical sizes that change with wattage,
so find the biggest that fits your cage.