Re: Garage Heating Choices....

To: "Richard Beels" <beels@technologist.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Garage Heating Choices....
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 07:41:52 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
To: shop-talk@autox.team.net <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Friday, November 10, 2000 2:50 AM
Subject: Garage Heating Choices....

>Question 2....
>
>North of Philly, 900 sq. ft. 2 car garage, 2 windows on the front, none in
>the rear, 2 garage doors, house heated by H2O baseboard driven by
>oil.  Propane tank in the back for the kitchen stove and (currently unused)
>dryer.
>
>How to heat the bugger?  Phil's 50 degrees is what I'm aiming for.
>
>Cheers!

I used an Empire through-the-wall 300,000 BTU unit.  It works wonderfully,
but it cost about $700 USA.  I consider it a long-term investment.  I have
natural-gas piped the 12.5 feet from the house.

How far is the house from the garage.  Since you have hot-water heat in the
house, you may be better off to bury insulated water lines.  This was not
for me, since I have forced-air gas heat in the house.

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.