Re: plastic screws or rivets ?????

To: jniolon@uss.com
Subject: Re: plastic screws or rivets ?????
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:11:20 -0800
On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 02:38:07PM -0600, jniolon@uss.com wrote:

> Inside my microwave oven attached to the roof is a panel that covers up the
> 'goods'.  It's held in place by little plastic snap in rivet 'thingys'.
> They have over the years become brittle and broken leaving the panel to sag
> down on one side...I wouldn't think I could use metal screws as they might
> bend my microwaves ??? and then my food will come out crookedly cooked.
>
> Any suggestions where I might find some rivets/screws/thingys that will
> work ???  they look like maybe # 10 or #12 size ???
>
> Any other suggestions (that would be useful) for a fix ???
>
> already looked at home depot....no help there...
>
> I, as usual, bow to your expertise gentlemen

Orchard Supply used to carry plastic screws nuts etc. with
the metric bolts.

Dunno if you have them in your area, or if the buyout by Sears
has made them stop carrying stuff like that.

I was please to discover the other week that my local hardware store
which is either an ACE store or is unaffiliated (can't remember which)
had a reasonable selection of metric hardware including grade 8.8 bolts.
Since even my one "American" vehicle (Ford Ranger) has metric
parts, this is a good thing.   Now if I can only find a local source
for the small-head hex bolts on my Kawasaki...

--
 Eric Murray www.lne.com/~ericm  ericm at the site lne.com  PGP keyid:E03F65E5