RE: The Ideal Shop. Heat and sunlight.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: The Ideal Shop. Heat and sunlight.
From: "Lin, Gary" <Gary.Lin@wang.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 20:25:57 -0500
Oops, typo.  Speed of light and electromagnetic waves is 186,000 mi/sec or
300,000 km/sec as noted.  Speed of sound (audio wave) is dependent on the
medium and altitude/density in the case of air, generally 742 mi/hr at sea
level.

As corrected by Mike and Aleksandr, my American Heritage 2nd Coll. Ed. '82
incorrectly listed the electromagnetic spectrum as going down to 0 Hz and
also listed heat where sound should be, will have to let them know about
that. ;-)  But it and Webster's 9th New Collegiate do list it and the radio
frequency spectrum as starting with Extremely Low Freq. <3 KHz, Very Low
Freq. 3 K-30 KHz, LF 30 K-300 KHz, etc.

Back to our discussion, a comparable test would be to take the temps of
different colors of the same type of car, say something common like Neons or
such, to get a reasonable consistency on metal thickness, paint thickness
and layers, etc.  Can't account for dirt or wax though. ;-)

Gary Lin