Tool Design (Was: Tools for a loved one)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Tool Design (Was: Tools for a loved one)
From: Mike Frerichs <frerichs@tconl.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 09:51:26 -0600
The comments about the smooth Snap-On handles are my sentiments exactly.  I
will never disagree with someone who says that Snap-On tools are top
quality.  However, that smooth finish has always seemed like a design flaw
to me.  When my hands are greasy, give me my pebbly Craftsman.

On the other hand, for hard pulling I find myself wrapping a rag around the
flattened handle also, as someone else mentioned.  Seems to me the handle
was designed wrong by 90 degrees.  As in so many other cases, I wonder if
the designers ever actually tested the product they designed.

"Looks good on paper!"
"Okay, send it to production."

Mike Frerichs