RE: Another frozen fastner question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Another frozen fastner question
From: Mark Miller <markm@tutsys.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 09:42:58 -0800
Heating to help remove a stuck fastener is not really an attempt to make the
screw looser because of expansion.  It's more like whomping on a stuck
window frame with your hand.  Loosen things up, so that you can then try
again.

Given that - try an impact screwdriver or just smack the screw head with a
hammer a few times (not as good but often VERY satisfying).

good luck,
Mark Miller