Re: Engine Dynometer Software

To: "Chris Crisenbery" <ffajackson@absolute-net.com>,
Subject: Re: Engine Dynometer Software
From: "Kendall F Jones" <mrjones2@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:10:09 -0400
I've found this software: http://www.charm.net/~mchaney/homedyno/dynokit.htm
for purchase, and this software for free
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/5837/streetdyno.html

FWIW, I have used neither (been too busy changing head gaskets...).  In
essence, this is all the "big" dynos use when you pay them all that money
(Sort of).  Instead of a water jacket or other load, this software uses your
vehicle as a load....

I thought I could fudge the vehicle numbers (but leave them static) and just
compare between jet settings, ignition timing, etc.

Kendall