Gear Oil

To: "shop talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gear Oil
From: "Aaron Bergman" <bergman@oldihc.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 20:44:23 -0500
I checked on Pennzoil and Havoline's websites and they do make it.  85w-140,
mostly, which is just fine.  I don't know why that man at the implement
place told me over the phone that it is getting hard to get, because if two
major oil companies are making it, it can't be that hard to find.  I also
live in a town of about 1,500 people with about 5 places that have gear oil,
so my search is somewhat limited.  I called to a John Deere dealer in a
different town and they had it, then I thought of one more place in my town
to call, the hardware store of all places, and they stocked 85w-140.  Duh!!
As an afterthought, maybe the guy that told me the bit about the EPA and
OSHA was full of BS?
Aaron Bergman
http://members.xoom.com/49axial