Air Compressors

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air Compressors
From: "Stan Fickes" <fickes@acm.org>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 12:19:38 -0400
I know this is a common subject, but I couldn't get through to the
archives... Sorry!

I am getting ready to buy a compressor, and thought I'd check the collective
wisdom before making a potential mistake.

The compressor I am considering is the DeVilbiss/Air AmericaL6560V,
HF#35373.  I want to paint and do occasional sandblasting, as well as drive
the usual air tools.

It has cast iron sleeves in (I assume) an aluminum pump body, and I was
hoping someone might have some experience with that. Is it less reliable, or
prone to more problems than a solid cast iron pump? Or is it just 100 lbs
lighter...

It's rated at 10.5 SCFM@90, 13 SCFM@40. Is this an adequate supply for a
well-equipped restoration shop? Will I be a lot happier with more air?

Thanks!!

Stan