Re: Heating a Garage

To: Chris Heerschap <Heerschap@eng.kns.com>
Subject: Re: Heating a Garage
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 11:49:16 -0800
On Thu, Jan 07, 1999 at 02:34:34PM -0500, Chris Heerschap wrote:
> Eric Murray wrote:
> > If your garage has poor insulation, consider fixing that first.
>
> This is so true.  Keeping our garage warm has double benefit as the
> master bathroom is right above.  Those tile floors get *COLD*.
> Recently I've been improving just the sealing of the doors and it's
> made a big difference.  I put some weather stripping between the
> sections of door (conventional garage overhead door) then realized the
> trim around the door wasn't sealing when the door was closed.  Taking
> the trim off and repositioning it so that it actually seals has made a
> huge difference, and I haven't even insulated the doors yet.  That's
> the next project.

If those are the sort of roll-up doors which have ~2-foot sections that
run on wheels in a track, I have the same kind of doors.

Mine're pretty cheap, the backs are just made of pressboard.
How would you insulate them?  Glue on chunks of rigid foam?

--
Eric Murray          N*Able Technologies                    www.nabletech.com
(email:  ericm  at the sites lne.com or nabletech.com)     PGP keyid:E03F65E5