Re: Gasoline for old engines?

To: Bob Bachman <bobach@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: Gasoline for old engines?
From: John Napoli <jgn@li.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 17:29:30 -0500 (EST)
I have had success running engines like this on a 50:1 or even 25:1
2-cycle engine mix.  The problem is not lead for detonation because of
high compression, but lead for valve lubrication.  The 2-cycle mix
provides plenty of valve and upper cylinder lube, and doesn't even smoke.
It is the cheapest and easiest way to go.

John