Re: Workbench Constr & shop ventilation

To: brian@uunet.ca
Subject: Re: Workbench Constr & shop ventilation
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 11:15:29 -0800 (PST)
Brian Evans writes:

> Slab for my shop was apparently poured with styrofoam under the concrete.  I
> haven't suffered from cold feet this winter, and I normally wear normal
> shoes or workboots out there, depending on how much snow I have to walk
> through to get there.

This is probably a dumb question, but how does the slab stay
stable with styrofoam under it?

I've got an old barn which will be replaced with
a shop when I get some more money.  Its concrete
foundation was poured directly on the ground, which has
shifted/subsided in the last 80 years.  So the
foundation's coming apart and taking the barn with it.

Since I'm asking dumb questions already, here's another one:
in an insulated metal shop building, what's the interior look like?
Is it done up in sheetrock like wood-framed construction?
How does one run air/power/ethernet/etc lines inside the walls?

--
Eric Murray  Chief Security Scientist  N*Able Technologies  www.nabletech.com
(email:  ericm  at  lne.com   or   nabletech.com)          PGP keyid:E03F65E5