RE: Flash Points

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Flash Points
From: "Lin, Gary" <Gary.Lin@wang.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 16:39:14 -0500
Along with George's inquiry, I'm curious.  Since my father taught me as
a kid to use paint thinner (mineral spirits), I have been satisfied with
it for general degreasing and such.  It is relatively cheap and
obtainable, residue free, doesn't stink, and evaporates slowly.  How
does it compare to kerosene?  Diesel?  I am familiar with varsol, but
find mineral spirits just as convenient.

Gary Lin