garage floors

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: garage floors
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 21:14:02 -0500
I have seen many wooden floors  in shops that have held up well for years,
the floor in our machine shop here in the lab for one. I recall a
dealership in Williamsport, PA that has a wooden floor, for another. If you
pick the right material and thickness it should last in a home shop just
about forever. It will absorb fluids like concrete, but it won't be as cold
and will tend to balance humidity, sort of like a wooden tool chest. I'd do
it if the cost is not too much different from concrete.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951