[Top] [All Lists]

BOUNCE shop-talk: Non-member submission from ["Thomas Wannenburg" <twan

To: shop-talk
Subject: BOUNCE shop-talk: Non-member submission from ["Thomas Wannenburg" <>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 1996 20:04:36 -0700
     Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 13:34:19 -0500 (EST)
     From: "Thomas Wannenburg"  <>
     Subject: Re: flanging tools/nibblers

   I have been on the lookout for something like this myself and have not
found it in any of the usual places (Sears, Home Depot, Lowes).  I just
ordered the Eastwood catalogue.  Could someone please give me a number for
Harbour Freight thier name keeps cropping up, and I feel like I must be
missing something to not have thier catalogue.
   I did read a suggestion in an MG Midget restoration book: The author made
his own "flanger" by welding small pieces of metal on the inside of the jaws
of a mole wrench.
    Along the same vein - any reccomendations regarding nibblers.  I need a
small tool to get into narrow recesses in the back of my boot.  I have areas
of localized rust to get rid of and nither my air hammer nor my angle cutter
will reach in there.  Has anyone tried the small hand - nibbler sold by
Eastwood?  The air nibbler I saw at Home Depot looked like it would take more
air than my 5hp 20gal compressor will deliver.

Tom Wannenburg
74 MG Midget 

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>