Usefull Air Tool

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, jblair@exis.net
Subject: Usefull Air Tool
From: "R.M. Bownes III" <bownes@emi.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 09:23:46 -0400
I've been looking at the air dust off/blow gun tools with the long
tubes attached that HF and a few others sell, but never get around to
ordering one. Over the weekend I had a need for one (needed to get into
a crevice on the race car).

So I dug out my OSHA approved blow gun and unscrewed the tip, screwed
in a -3 to -3 male union from the Aeroquip box, grabbed a 6" length of
brake line, flared it, and put that on the other side of the union. It
was so useful, I grabbed a 2' length of line & did the same thing. I
now have a set of extensions of varying lengths for various tasks, from
cleaning off the lathe to air sweeping the floor.

It met the following tool requirements: Useful, cheap, easy!

the -3 union was $1.12, the nut & sleeve were $1.00, and it was about
$0.50 worth of brake line. Most astounding...