[Nobbc] Bristol

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Nobbc] Bristol
From: "G. Mugele" <mewgull@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 01:10:32 -0800
I realize that it's not likely that anyone we know has ever owned one
or even ridden in one but it's a sad day nonetheless.  Bristol Cars
has ended its 65 year run.  They will no longer be producing such
interesting machines.  The company went into "administration" on
Tuesday.

I suppose that means I may never get to see a Bristol Fighter; a GT
machine with an eight liter V-10 which was purported to make it
capable of 270 MPH but was limited to a "sufficient" 225 MPH.  With
the turbo the Fighter 'T' was said to put out over 1000 BHP.

Production of the four different current models was down to 20 per
year.   Rumor is that Richard Branson was a recent customer.  His
choice must have been one of the Fighters.  The Blenheim would surely
be too staid for a guy like Sir Richard.

G. Mugele
mewgull@mugele.net

***   Leave it to a girl to take the fun out of sex discrimination.
-- Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes)