Re: [Nobbc] May British car events?

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] May British car events?
From: "G. Mugele" <mewgull@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 20:49:36 -0700
In that vein, this year there will be some interesting American Iron
there too.

For example... how many are familiar with the 1965 Appollo?   They
were made in Oakland for a few years in the mid-sixties and then
morphed into the Vetta Ventura.
The one at this year's concours is a convertible.  I can't quote
numbers but the majority were GTs so this one must be pretty rare.

Also on the list is an assortment of Pierce-Arrows, a 1924 Kissel
(built in Wisconsin), two 1930 Willys-Knights and of course assorted
Packards, Cords and Caddys.
For those intent loving the Brit hardware there will be a Nash Healey,
a '37 Railton Drophead, some Rollers including at least one woody
shooting brake.  In fact there is one whole category for Woodys.  And
then there is the standard Brit stuff, one MGA, a TD,  a TC, a Plus-4,
a 3 wheeler, a Daimler SP-250, A TR-6, an XK-150 Drophead, an XK-120
Coupe, and a couple post-war Bentleys.

This is the year for Porsche and there's a boatload of those on the
list but alas, not even one 904.

Apparently just for the fun of it there will also be a small cadre of
old mahogany speed boats on the lagoon.

One of the cars of interest for me is the '47 Nardi-Danese Corsa Spyder.

Well worth the trip down there on the 16th.   I think the gates open
at 9AM.... so getting there before the throngs is probably a good plan.

Gerry

On May 3, 2010, at 2:47 PM, wendell bain wrote:

> Last year's Marin Sonoma Concours was a terrific show. Attracted some
> very interesting and unusual autos. Maybe you aren't particularly
> interested
> in old American iron, but to have three 29 Jordan's, one a legendary
> Playboy roadster, was pretty unusual. Well worth attending.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wendell

G. Mugele
mewgull@mugele.net

*** Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the
people are right more than half the time.  -- E. B. White