[Nobbc] Transmission conversion.

To: 'North Bay British Car Club' <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Nobbc] Transmission conversion.
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@srcity.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:04:00 -0700
Oh, those best laid plans of mice and men? After removing the TR-6 Tranny,
cleaning everything up, reading all the instructions and seeing how everything
goes together I attached the bell housing and the shifter modifications to the
Toyota trans. I figured that I better test the shift action. WOULD NOT BUDGE.
AAAUUUGH! I was ready to spend the weekend doing installation. So I called
down to Anaheim Gear. Seems that UPS may kind of thrown things around a bit.
YA THINK? The folks at Anaheim thought that possibly it was locked in reverse.
Suggested I try pushing the rod that actuates the reverse lights into it's
locked off position. Did so. Rod went back and clicked in. Shift mechanism
still not moving one iota. The trans came in a custom foam box and showed no
damage. So I'll put it back in the box in the original packing and send it
back to So Cal at Anaheim's dime and they will correct any problems and send
it or a replacement back to me gratis.

Ach du libber.

Deano