Re: [Nobbc] death or rebirth of a tr-6? fort collins.here you go

To: "North Bay British Car Club" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] death or rebirth of a tr-6? fort collins.here you go
From: "Charles English" <lovelarge@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:47:32 -0700
Hi Steve,

     Thanks for reporting about the Electric TR-6.  I am considering
converting my 58 MGA to electric one day.  For now I am working on a
supplemental hydrogen generator to mix with gas in the ICE.  Once complete,
I will invite the group to my garage to check it out.  There have been many
great British cars converted to electric and I have heard great things from
their owners.  And as battery technology improves, things will only get
better.
        To answer your question about the gallons of gasoline it takes to
create the power to charge the vehicle for 100 miles of driving...  Most
electric car conversions get about 50 miles per charge and cost about $1 for
a full charge.  So that is about $2 for 100 miles of driving.  Here in Nor
Cal we are lucky to get much of our electricity from Hydro, Geo thermal, and
other renewable sources, so it wont consume much gas to charge the vehicle.
PG&E now offers a program to offset all the carbon from the energy you use
in the home, for just a few more bucks a month.

For more details about electric vehicles in and around Santa Rosa check out
...  www.nbeaa.org

Note, the last vehicle is an MGA converted in 1973.

Peace,
Charles English
58' MGA