Re: [Nobbc] a word from steve-dixon-palo alto.-list

To: NOBBC MGs <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] a word from steve-dixon-palo alto.-list
From: Rod Williams <mowog@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:13:22 -0700
> i got word this would be last palo alto show due to a land restoration
> project.
The word from Rick Feibusch, who organizes the show, is that the city of
Palo Alto is digging up the whole park to build a water reservoir in that
location. The catch is that after the whole thing is covered up again they
will re-build the playing fields but will have to use artificial turf
instead of real dirt and grass. And plastic grass can't have oil and gas
dripping on it. So, obviously, no British cars. (is it too late to join the
German car club??). Rick is looking for another suitable location to
continue what has been one of the most enjoyable Bay Area gatherings of
British car enthusiasts for many years now. Lets hope he is successful. And
lets hope I get the transmission fixed on my 'B before it starts to rain!
--
Rod Williams
Petaluma, California