[Nobbc] Brit Cars

To: <Nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Nobbc] Brit Cars
From: "Robin Jackson" <apexbrit@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 13:56:01 -0700
I'm new to this group, but not new to Brit cars. Bought my first one, 1949 TC,
in 1953; today I am working to get my 1962 Mk2 on the road and maybe the
Series III Sunbeam after that.

I've owned a few others:  AH 100-4 I drove
from Quantico,VA to Mill Valley in 1956; MGA; 1958 Mog+4 (totaled it on Hwy 1
at the Fireside) 1959 Mog +4 (went SCCA racing with it) ;1954 Flat Rad Mog :
TR-3 (raced this too); Lotus 22 (3rd in Class B San Fran Region SCCA, 5th
national runoffs at Riverside); 1969 Europa(recently sold).

I owned and
operated Apex British Motors on East Todd in Santa Rosa for many years and
became known as one who could eventually fix problems with old Jags, Mogs,
Bently, Rolls, Lotus, even an Allard.

I think Steve came by to visit a few
times and told me about his idea for a "club." At the time a few customers and
"roadies" were doing "Dawn Patrols"  out of my shop - a once a month run
similar to the Sunday Moring Ride.

After a couple of years retirement I'm
attacking the Mk2 with renewed vigor so as to soon join you all on your runs
and fun. I am taking a hiatus from rebuilding suspension, calipers, and am now
working on sadly neglected wood work. I purchased the car from a Cazadero
resident who let it get soggy inside under redwood for 3 years. Yuch; it will
never be a show quality car, just a good runner.

See ya soon. Cant make PA
this year and have never been to the Dixon event, althoug I am told it is
excellent. I think the Lotus club is revving up to take the participation
award again at PA!

Rob Jackson
Mk2 Jag
Series 3 Sunbeam