mini-baja

CVT Comet 790

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net, grano002@bama.ua.edu,
Subject: CVT Comet 790
From: "Vinayak Garg" <vinayakgarg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 02:00:08 +0530
Hi,

I am a team member of 'Team IIT Delhi Mini Baja.

I want to know the reduction of Comet 790 at 3800 RPM, which should
not be 0.54, according to me. If possible, it is best if anyone has
the exact performance curve of the Comet CVT 790.
We are planning for a top speed of 48 km/hr (30 mph), with tyres of
25" OD. I took inputs from the generous replies and suggestions given
by you all to my last querry. I have arrived at a TOTAL reduction
value of 9.5 (this includes combined reduction by gear train and
CVT!!)

Also, we were planning To have two different constant reduction trains
for acceleration and endurance. CAn you suggest how should I calculate
the reduction for the acceleration event??

Thank you, and looking forward to your continued support!

--
Vinayak Garg
Indian Institute of Techonology, Delhi