mini-baja

Re: Water crossing during Endurance race?

To: bmmontess@aol.com, mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water crossing during Endurance race?
From: Kevin Edwards <kevindedwards@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:40:25 -0500
Bronson,

Baja East requires water crossing ability.  Read the rulebook.  Most
teams use a foam float of some sort, attached under the frame.  Then
they paddle with the tires.  If your car can't float, there is no
alternate route - you have to fix it or give up.  There are ways to
build a durable float...

Of course most designs limit ground clearance somewhat.  We had about
8" static clearance (with driver loaded) last year, which was ok but a
little more wouldn't have been bad.  Anyone out there working on a
movable/actuated float system this year?

--
Kevin Edwards
Mechanical Engineer