mini-baja

Re:

To: dmanning@ycp.edu, mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:
From: J D <gr792@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:28:05 -0700 (PDT)
I sympathize with you, as difficult as it is to make a
gas catch, we should probably petition for SAE to give
us cars so we don't have to do any thinking or work.
Is there noone on your team that can figure this out?
Sorry, I must still be thinking that this is a design
and performance COMPETITION.

The benefits from science/engineering are dramatic and
widespread.

By using scientific principles, man has pulled back
the curtain of ignorance and advanced the quality of
life for millions of people. With these achievements,
science justifiably deserves a good reputation.
Taking a closer look, the essence of science is the
scientific method where a hypothesis is tested by
experiment. That is,

1) State the question
2) Form a hypothesis
3) Do experiments
4) Interpret data and draw conclusions
5) Revise theory (go back to step 2)

Have you tried this method yet?  It is quite a popular
tool.

Considering this is taught to most 6th grade general
science classes and reiterated in different forms when
pursuing ANY life experience and or our college
degrees, with utmost respect, if you can't figure out
how to make a gas catch, I would question the
integrity and overall safety of vehicle you have
built.