mini-baja

Quick Disconnnect Steering Wheel?

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Quick Disconnnect Steering Wheel?
From: "rahul ahlawat" <rahul4u_dce@rediffmail.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2003 18:43:51 -0000
what's the yield strength of reference material u guys take for
calculating bending strength? According to our data handbooks it's
abt 250 MPa. We plan to use low carbon steel(.1%) with higher wall
thickness. So should we still consider bending failure at yield pt
or take it's UTS value due to it's ductality.

Also 0.18% carbon means pure carbon or effective carbon content?
Effective carbon content is calulated using the % of different
metals present in it.

IS the spectroscopy certificate and UTS test certificate from a
recognized lab acceptable for taking the % of carbon and yield
strength values, if our material supplier's invoice doesn't cover
that?

Please reply early

thanks in advance

rahul