mgs

ELC Canister

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: ELC Canister
From: Emjaxfl@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:53:13 EDT
Greetings to All:

I have obtained a used but functional ELC canister for my 74 MGB. My goal  is
to get rid of the occasional fuel vapor smell. The mounting brackets and
clamp did not come with the canister, as it come from a non-MG British car (the

shame!)

As best I can determine, there are two L shaped brackets whose short sides
slide under the metal plate screwed to the body and whose long sides hold the
canister in place, while it is secured by a large round clamp. Please confirm
that this is correct.

I suppose these could be fabricated. Would anyone have a spare set of
brackets and clamp that they would like to sell? Since many of our cars have
most
or all pollution control equipment removed, there may be some out there.
Failing that, might anyone be able to take a picture of a set they have and
e-mail
the picture to me.

This Saturday is the annual British car festival, held at The King's Head
Pub, north of St. Augustine, Florida. Festivities start at about nine a.m.

Many Thanks,
Eric in Florida