mgs

shoes

Subject: shoes
From: Aaron Whiteman <awhitema@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:29:17 -0700
For me, not the car.

I just got home from a rather brilliant multi-day drive surrounding
my class reunion.  I needed an excuse for a drive, that was it.

I took WA-24 past Hanford, White Pass (US12) from Yakima, then I-5
and US12 again home to Elma on day one.  On day 2 (about a week
later), I drove 101 up to the ferry, crossed to Whidbey Island, and
continued on WA-20 to Okanogan, where I slept for the night.
Temperatures in western Washington were down to the 80s, east of the
Cascades had dropped to the 90s, so that was nice.

On day 3, I continued from Okanogan through the Colville Reservation
to Inchelium, crossed the Columbia at Gifford, and headed south for
Home.

All told, just short of 1000 miles.

I saw one other MG during the trip, a nice green B on Whidbey
island.  Unlike the Triumph driver I also saw, the driver even
waved!  'Twas nice to see.

Anyway, now that I've gone far off topic, time to bring it back.
Without fail, every time I drive more than say 200 miles, my feet get
very sore at the achilles, like my shoes are rubbing or something.  I
switched from Cotton to smartwool socks for the return trip, which
helped, but the problem never really went away.  For those of you
that drive the marathon drives, how do you cope?

--
Aaron Whiteman -- http://www.panix.com/~awhitema/MG/
  '75 B (red for now), HIF4 carbs