mgs

my new 74 MGB

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: my new 74 MGB
From: "Roger Wilt" <rdwilt@pol.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:08:03 -0400
I am the new owner of a red 1974 MGB. The DPO has actually done a nice
recent restoration including engine rebuild by John Twist. My first of very
many questions to come.....The car has the minilite 14in 4 bolt wheels. It
has a full size spare but tire is rotten. I was wanting to replace it with a
compact spare for more trunk space and research the archive to find the Saab
900 spare as a suggestion  but the only one I could find on eBay (local
salvage yards empty) has a 5 bolt pattern. The car has new front and rear
springs but was lowered and my ground clearance is tight. Will a compact
spare lower me further? (risk bottoming out?)  Any suggestions on what spare
to search for?? Pics from the previous owner are still avail online if you
want to see my new baby. :)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/batesma1/album?.dir=6606&.src=ph

Roger
Columbus, OH