mgs

Siting RV8 LHD

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Siting RV8 LHD
From: Chris K <ckotting@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 19:40:42 -0400
Hans -

I saw the most incerdible thing at our local show today.  One of our
members just completed construction of an RV8 in Left Hand Drive.  He
did it the hard way.  He started out with a Heritage bodyshell for an
RV8, then proceeeded to track down and source the correct RV8 parts, end
to end.  How did he get the LHD parts you ask?  Lots of hard work, like:

  -  getting the metal part of a RHD dash, and re-fabricating it for LHD
  -  Having a gent in the UK cut apart a RHD dash pad, and mock up a LHD
pad, make up mould from that, and make a new pad
  -  finding out that the company that made the plastic bits for the
dash had made LHD moulds "just in case", and talking them into making a
"one-off" set of parts.

The poor soul has an incredible amount of cash tied up in the beast, but
it is stone drop-dead gorgeous.

Chris K.  (wiping drool off my keyboard...)