mgs

Re: tires

To: Oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: tires
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:54:54 -0600
What kind of tires are you getting. If you have to
have Michelin or something like that, then yes, they
have to get them from Coker.

I put new tires (Rostyle) on my 77 for about $280 for
5 tires, mounted and balanced.  I found a local
auto cross guy, retired mechanic who has tire equipment
in his garage and is a Tire Rack "vendor".

Anyway, I put Kumho tires on and am happy with them. Gene,
on the list, put Sumitomo's on his also from Tire Rack. And
he is also happy with them.

It is going to cost more for mounting and balancing on the
wires, but not that much. While the XZXs were good tires for
their day, today's economy car tires are better. And at $30-35
a tire, much less.