mgs

Re: oil for OD

To: "TJ Tryon, Jr." <tjt@insightbb.com>
Subject: Re: oil for OD
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:27:44 -0500
There was a dipstick on earlier transmissions. It is accessed through a
hole in the transmission tunnel just behind the console.

The dipstick was deleted later in production. Not sure when. I don't
have "the book" with me.

To check the level. You remove the upper (inlet) plug on the right side
of the transmission (right side when sitting in the car facing forward).
If oil comes out of it, you have too much. :-)

Otherwise, feel for it. Or just replace it. It may well be time anyway.

Paul.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root
   /    _ \     1977 MGB