mgs

MG's vs other tourers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG's vs other tourers
From: Farlane Macfarlane <n5bgy@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:25:43 -0700 (PDT)
Hey, you've hit upon it!  Midgets, MGB's, they're both
a real hoot to drive.  I drove a Miata once,
competent, goes fast, handles well, but the
tuchas-is-connected-to-the-floorpan-oy, this-is-FUN!
sensation just wasn't there.  I smile everytime I
drive my '67 MGB to work, and I know I wouldn't with
most other cars.  It expects something from you, and
gives so much in return.  Modern cars expect nothing,
and give same.  A coworker confided that he wanted to
trade his perfect BMW Z3 Roadster (TOURER IN MY BOOK!)
for an MGB, because the Beemer was too perfect, and
therefore not much fun at reasonable speeds.  Another
has a '78 MGB Tourer, and says he'll never give it
up...nothing else is as much fun squealing the tires
around corners at full opposite lock.  Case closed!

FJM
'67 MGB (YEEEHAAAW!)
coming soon, '73 VW 412 Variant
coming soon, '76 Plymouth Feather Duster /6
'94 Plymouth Voyager, 147 kmi and counting...

Flavin122500@cs.com wrote:
FWIW I'm wellpast the "boy racer" stage, and, other
roadsters are enyoyable,
but my 75 Midget just tickles me. I recently drove a
Miata, and it is way
more practical a car, but the Midget is much more fun.
Peter