mgs

RE: Sebring Valance legality and Peco exhaust

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sebring Valance legality and Peco exhaust
From: "Marc Siegel" <smarc@abs.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:18:42 -0400
I recently (several weeks ago) installed a new Ansa exhaust on my '80 B. I
really thought the car sounded like an old VW bug after the Ansa was
installed. That metallic sounding noise I always associated with VW's is
hateful. I went and adjusted my valves, and triple checked my timing and
carb mixtures, and got the 'VW' noise a lot quieter. It's most pronounced at
higher RPM's. I don't think I've ever heard an MGB sound quite like it.

Anybody else notice this with Ansa exhausts?

--
Marc Siegel, Charm Net, LLC.  eMail: smarc@abs.net
Baltimore, MD  http://www.charm.net  voice: 410/361-8160

> Also, I spent the weekend installing a Peco exhaust.
> First of all, what a &^%$# that turned out to be!  The
> existing system on my car seemed to be the stock
> pieces, because they were welded on to the downpipe.
> I had to do a lot of cutting and massaging and
> tweaking to get it to go, but the result was SO worth
> it.  The sound is glorious, and although I don't
> notice a huge seat-of-the-pants improvement in top end
> power, the throttle response is now much, much
> quicker.  A very significant improvement in driving
> experience because the car really feels "quick" at
> lower and middle RPM throttle transitions.  On the
> street, I spend a lot of time in situations like that,
> so it's money well spent.
of false economy...