mgs

Re: Ford five speed conversion

To: budkrueger@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Ford five speed conversion
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:38:27 -0500
Hi Bud,
   Y'know, I never even thought about the odometer!  Just having the
speed right was such a pleasant thing that it brought joy, as well as
puzzlement that mine was the only accurate speedometer I'd heard of after
the gear set change.  I did the measured mile with a stopwatch, but
haven't checked it against the odometer.  Now we will have to hurry
spring on its way so I can get the TD out and check that.  The reading
would reduce miles per gallon, wouldn't it?
  BTW, have you seen the book written by Carl Cedarstrand about
chronometric instruments?
Bob