mgs

Re: Front plate mounting

To: aschneider@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: Front plate mounting
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:29:43 -0400
   That's another reason that few front licence plate brackets are seen
under rubber bumpers. I remember doing that when I had a '75.  The good
part of having the plate hanging there is that it's an early warning
before the coachwork bumps the concrete.
   CT MG Club had a funkhana that included a bullseye painted on the
pavement, onto which drivers were supposed to get a tennis ball suspended
from the front bumper.  Rubber bumper MGBs were the cars that did worst
in the contest of all the models.  We surmised that the extension of the
bumper and the shape of the bonnet made the car's front end protrude
farther than the drivers thought.   Chrome bumper cars scored better.
Bob