mgs

She drives!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: She drives!
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 03:10:04 -0700
I drove Jasmine tonight for the first time in about a year. And longer
than that if you don't count the two test drives last summer when I
found the problems with the bearings, then pistons as I spent most of
last summer prepping her for paint.

I had one very minor leak at the heater valve which was solved by
tightening down the 7/16" bolts.  The alternator had also decided that
it had enjoyed it's vacation too much to go back to work.  I pulled
the alternator, cleaned the contacts and brushes and it is working
again.

I'm very pleased with the way she is running. I have not touched the
carb adjustments since last summer, but she idles smooth. Purrs like a
kitten is the metaphor that springs to my mind. She seems to be
pulling strong, though with two miles on the motor, I'm not pushing
her hard, yet.

The five-speed gearbox seems to work fine. The pattern seems to be
pretty close, not requiring much movement of the shifter at all.

I've got a reasonable laundry list of things that need to be done on
her before she's completely roadworthy, but it was so nice to drive
her again.

   Larry

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.