mgs

Re: Acck, Electrical problem, dead short!!!! MGB-GT 1970

To: "Marc" <smarc@abs.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Acck, Electrical problem, dead short!!!! MGB-GT 1970
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:38:56 +0100
A good reason to add an in-line fuse to the fuel pump.  A convenient place
is where the white in the main loom joins that in the body/boot loom near
the junction of the firewall and the RH inner wing.  If you solder a bullet
to a short length of wire on each end of the fuse, and provide an additional
single bullet connector, you don't even have to cut any wires and can revert
to standard in a moment.  Use a standard fuse of the same rating as in the
fusebox (17 amp rated 35 amp blow), they are perfectly adequate to protect
the wiring, and you (should) have two spares in the fusebox, of course.  Two
other good circuits to protect are the overdrive and the GT heated screen.
Both these should be able to be done the same way as the fuel pump on most
years - yellow for the overdrive and white/black for the screen.