mgs

Re: Sigline

To: "Chuck Renner" <crenner@dynalivery.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sigline
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:06:39 -0400
I hate people who are pass on erroneous information.  Here is the real
story on Hessy Baby as we knew him.

Joseph Wilhelm Heisenberg was a student at Heidelberg University and
subsidized his allowance by working in a coin laundry in the nearby village
of Kristitsderty.  It was here he came up with what he termed the
Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle of Rotating Machinery Selective
Evaporation.  He propounded that when a pair of socks were placed in a
washing machine there was a .01% chance that only one would come out.

At 12:47 AM 5/17/02 -0500, Chuck Renner wrote:
> > Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is basically that you can't measure the
> > exact location of an electron in orbit around an atom,  99.99% of the time
> > it will be where expected but the other .01% it will be anywhere else in
>the
> > universe.  You can measure the position, but instantly afterward there is
>no
> > guarantee that it is still in the orbit that you found it in.
>
>Close.  When measuring small particles, there is always uncertainty when
>measuring the location and velocity.  This is because on small particles,
>the observation of these properties disturbs the particle, which changes the
>properties.
>
>You're correct in your mention of probabilites though.  And this allows for
>some interesting experiments, such as light passing through opaque
>materials.  If you take things further, and accept parallel universes that
>are just different expressions of probability, it gives a quantum mechanics
>explanation for things like ghost sightings.  Physicists are really messed

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson - barrier@bconnex.net