mgs

Re: Jet assembly replacement x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquinucr@mail.earthlink.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jet assembly replacement x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 08:26:27 -0600
John,
     This is an after market arrangement that is suppose to eliminate the
leaking gland problem.  They work OK, but I would suggest replacing both
sides at the same time.  The other side is probably reading to "give it up"
soon.  Preventive maintenance is very important in the world of  LBCs.

Good Luck,   Mark

> Dear Netters,
>
> I found that the jet gland on the rear HS-4 carb on my 70 MGB GT was
> leaking and could not be fixed by tightening the gland into the float
> body. I've procured a replacement jet assembly and wonder if anyone had
> suggestions as to how to replace it. The replacement is different from
> the original in that it the gland into the float body is plastic with a
> prong that fits into a neoprene fuel hose that connects to the jet. Any
> suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks much for your help.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///