mgs

RE: Heater switch and fan.

To: schultejim@prodigy.net, paul.hunt1@virgin.net, Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Heater switch and fan.
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 05:36:45 -0500
James,

Yes it was me.
First you should measure there is voltage inside the switch. As you now know
how to open it, that's I think the easiest way.
If not the feeding circuit is faulty - check the diagrams.
If there is voltage, have the swithc reassembled and then you should use
your ears very well: when the rocker of the switch (mine at least) is rocked
slowly, it does not actuate the contacts. flip the rocker quickly and you'll
hear the contacts move!
When this works, measure there is voltage on the fan motor.
If not - there is something wrong in the circuit from the switch.
If ok - check the motor (brushes etc.)
Easy motor check is to use a separate 12V source for the motor. This can be
obtained from the fusebox f.i.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Hans

p.s. sorry for the late reply - I have some other time priorities